Create a Safe and Healthy Workplace
Whether you work at a business, manage it, or own it, you all have the same goal--- you don't want anyone to get hurt on the job.
And there's something each of us can do to make sure we all go home as whole as when we started the day. One step at a time, we can make our workplaces better places to work.
"Our company is only what our employees are. We really think it's good business to do the right thing for them, to make sure they feel comfortable, that they understand that we want the workplace to be safe, indeed won't tolerate unsafe conditions, same as they shouldn't have to. So it's really a win-win situation for the employees and for us."
Mike Scott, Maine Woods and Millwork
"Good safety programs are born and maintained by the effort and the cooperation of all involved each and every hour of every day."
Greg Miller, United Technologies Center
10 Steps to a Safe and Healthy Workplace
- Understand how a safety and healthy workplace benefits workers, families, businesses, and the community.
- Know your responsibilities for keeping a safe and healthy workplace.
- Develop a system for organizing safety and health efforts.
- Know the laws and regulations for the work you do.
- Address specific workplace hazards and have regular saving meetings.
- Cultivate a safety culture with mutual respect and open communication
- Celebrate your accomplishments and defer OSHA inspections with SHARP or other recognition events.
- Find out the best solutions to safety and health problems.
- Ask questions about workplace safety and health.
- Get help. Keeping a workplace safe and healthy is not something you can do alone. SafetyWorks! is one of many sources of help, and it's a good one.
If you want to start a safety program or give a boost to an existing one, call SafetyWorks! Our professional safety and health consultants and trainers know your industry --- and they know your time is valuable. An onsite audit will give you professional and practical assistance. Training teaches everyone how to work safely and avoid injuries.
Creating a Safe and Healthy Workplace Begins with You! Take the First Step. Start Now!